This quote has stuck out to me for some time and I thought I would share it. I feel like so many of us, myself included, get so happy and thrilled over big events that occur in our lives. But what about the little things? If we found happiness and appreciate the little day by day details more often then I truly feel we will find ourselves a lot more joyful and happy. Starting today, I have decided I am going to take a part of my day and just stop, breathe, and take a look around at the beauty of the simple little details my life has to offer.
Monday, December 22, 2014
My goodness it's been a long time since I last wrote here on my blog. I came to the conclusion that journaling, blogging, etc., is something that I really am no good at keeping up with. It is something I really want to work on. Well! It is alas my favorite time of the year, winter!
Sunday, September 7, 2014
Yesterday marked one year since the birth of Noah. As I reflect on this past year, I can't help but to feel so lucky & so grateful.
These are a few things I am grateful for:
1. The atonement. I can't begin to express how much I love the atonement. I was able to have a fresh new start & for that I am so grateful we can be completely forgiven and renew ourselves and come out stronger than ever before.
2. It's hard to put into words just the amount of love I have for Noah & how grateful I am that he came to me at a time I needed him. I truly believe his first mission in life was to be born through me and save me. I am grateful we will always be a part of eachothers lives.
3. The Danielsons. This is another love I can't quite put to justice. It's a bond I've never quite had before. It's just so trusting and filled with so much love for eachother and for Noah. I couldn't be more pleased with my decision to choose them & they're truly some of my best friends.
4. Of course, my family. They have been there for me through IT ALL. They know me the best and have stuck by my side supporting me & most of all believing in me. They never gave up on me even at times where any normal person would. They always kept their faith & have been such great examples.
5. The gospel. This runs in with the atonement but I am so thankful to be able to go to church every Sunday and partake of the sacrament and learn of His teachings. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and Savior.
6. Good friends. I was blown away of how many texts and messages I got yesterday from people telling me theyre thinking of me and how they're grateful for my sacrifice and what I did for Noah. I got a flower delivery to my front door from my sister and her husband that live in Utah with a card saying Happy birth giving day and saying they're thinking of me. How did I get so lucky with such great friends and family to think of me on that day?!
I was so nervous for this day coming up for a long time. I knew it would be a hard day marking a year from the hardest time of my life. But it actually turned out so much better than I expected. It was hard of course, but I am just so proud of him and so grateful Noah has everything I could've ever wished for him. He is so happy and just seems to love life. I love you Noah, with all of my whole entire heart! I can't wait to see what the many years ahead have in store for you.
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
11 months. Can you believe it? As I reflect on this past year I can't help but get a little teary eyed. I am just so eternally grateful Heavenly Father put so
much trust in me at a time I didn't feel any worth. Noah was the answer to so many of our prayers! I just can't believe how much little Noah has grown up. He is growing up to be such a handsome little man and he is the light to all of our lives. I am so grateful to call myself his birth mom and be a part of his and his families lives. I love them all so much. Happy almost one year my little love.
Monday, July 14, 2014
Last weekend for the Fourth of July my friend invited me to go to New Mexico for the weekend with him. He grew up in New Mexico and that's where his family all lives. His mom was getting married that weekend and so since I've never been to New Mexico, had nothing else to do, and I'm always up for adventures I agreed to go and accompany him. I'm so glad I did because we seriously had a blast! We left Thursday and came back Sunday night.
We went to the white sands national park with some friends we were staying with and it was the most amazing place. Miles and miles of the whitest sand that looked like snow. We rented these plastic disks, waxed the backs, and slid down the steap slopes. So much fun!
My friends dog had a girlfriend he got pregnant in New Mexico so we went to visit the one day old boston terriers. SO CUTE. I just about died and it was so hard leaving them without stealing one. (Totally kidding)!
This part of the trip was by far my favorite. It is called Rock City located in New Mexico. Supposedly there was a volcano that once erupted and made a city of rocks. The pictures do not give it justice and it's hard to explain. But basically it was a maze of tunnels and caves and well... A city of rocks. I ran around like a 7 year old and had the time of my life! I need to go back someday.
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Ten months, really? It honestly freaks me out that he's almost going to be a year. I'm mostly freaking out that I don't know how I'm going to handle that year mark. If every month on the 6th gets me emotional and brings a lot of emotions out of me I don't know what the year mark is going to do to me. But it makes me so happy he is growing up happy and healthy. There isn't any words that can quite give my love for this boy any justice but I will say time and time again he is the best thing to ever happen to me and I love him with all of my whole heart. I love how happy he is with his family and I love how his face can brighten the saddest of my days. His bright and smiling face just lifts my spirits and makes me the happiest girl ever. I'm sure anyone who sees him can agree with me on that. Happy 10 months baby boy. I love you Noah. Always & forever.
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
A couple months ago I contacted a girl I knew was single and pregnant and asked her all about how she was feeling and said if she ever needed to talk I was there. My heart just goes out to anyone I know who is going through an unplanned pregnancy because I know exactly how scary and alone it all feels. She came over one day and we just talked and talked and really hit it off right away. When I asked her what her decision would be she just didn't even want to think about it. I told her I would support her no matter what she chooses for her baby and it needs to 100% be up to her. I think it is so important for that decision to be only up to the birthmom what she chooses would be best for her child. During our visit we talked a lot about my adoption process and my adoption story. I told her how I met the Danielsons and how I knew in my heart they were the ones. Yesterday she told me she decided on adoption and she chose this amazing family. She sent me the adopted mothers blog about how she met my friend and her feelings on it all. You can read it here at-http://www.lovelowry.blogspot.com/2014/07/adoption-finding-our-miracle.html?m=1
It instantly brought me to tears reading this amazing mothers story of becoming a mom. You never really hear the adopted mothers story of becoming a mother through adoption and all her feelings that come with it. I just think adoption is the most beautiful thing. I have no doubt my friend and this woman came together for a reason and this woman wouldn't be able to have kids without Amanda. Amanda is so beautiful, so strong, and so courageous and I just think so highly of woman who choose this path for their babies because I know just how hard it is. Amanda and this new mom are coming together and sharing a title called motherhood in very different ways but the love of this one child the very same. I love adoption so much and I am just so grateful to call the Danielsons my family.